Sunday, January 2, 2011

The first Blog is the cheapest....

Here I am, beginning my first serious attempt at continuous, steady blogging on the first day of 2011. It's an experiment for myself, more or less. Going to try to see if, through writing, I am able to make more sense out of what goes on as our crazy planet spins, perhaps some of you can help me in this trip. I love and welcome all comments, critiques, but no whining!

Let me 'introduce' you to one of the supporters/freaks Julie, as she is the main reason I am making a 'serious' attempt @ blogging...I feel compelled to mention her, as she is my oldest friend (still living) and she is the strongest supporter of my writing. She has encouraged me to take myself more seriously as a writer, since the moment she started reading my journals about 13 years ago. (Trust me, if you suck at something, she's the FIRST to let ya know...and I feel very secure that the rest of our 'gang' will back me up on this assessment!)

I feel compelled to basically share a bit of my history and the 'list of characters' that will be making regular appearances in this chronicling of my every day mundane existence.

(1) My Jason a/k/a "Big", he travels a great deal for work, he's 6 1/2 feet tall, has the purest cornflower blue eyes you've ever seen, and the patience of Job. Seriously. He's married to me, the queen of quirks, so his #1 requirement as husband is having this amount of patience that will guarantee him a level of sainthood one day. He's seriously the funniest person I've ever encountered, a little bit to the right of crazy & one hell of an amazing father.

(2) Jake-he's 19, and he's our 'son.' He came to live with us almost a year ago, and he is amazing. He's in his junior year now, a great athlete, and the kindest, most grateful human on this planet. (The world could learn compassion & gratitude from this kid.)

(3) Mark-our 14 year old son, he was born an old soul. He favors me, with his dark hair and eyes, but that's where the similarities end. He's methodical, organized, compassionate, plodding to a fault, extremely intelligent, athletic & very outdoorsy.

(3)Moon-our daughter, who in no way resembles me physically, but has my loopy personality ingrained in her bones. She's quick witted, has no social filter, and yes sometimes I cringe when she opens her mouth in public, but I wouldn't trade her for a quiet kid for any amount of money in the world.

(4) My BFF--Julie-lives entirely too far away, FLORIDA to be exact, (and truth be told,  I'm still a little pissed at her for moving, and her husband Johnathan, for stealing her away from me, no matter how fantastic he treats her!)

(5)My BFF, Michele-we were friends as kids, grew up, grew apart, but now she lives about a mile away and buddy does she help me seriously make it through the days!!!

~Jake on the left, Moon, & Mark~
There are so many others, way to many to mention, but we'll get around to it. After all, we have 364 more days to chronicle!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Makes me want to get working on my blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John!!! Send me your blog site and I'll subscribe. I'd love to, I always love what you post on facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are writing again.

    ReplyDelete